Please read the ENTIRE newsletter until the end. Important information and changes at the end.
We are excited to have the opportunity to welcome you back! We sincerely hope you and your family are in good health. We are happy to inform you that we are now able to once again provide dental care for you and your family. The Ministry of Health has lifted the restrictions placed back in March. While many things have changed since then, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your health and safety.
Our office has always followed strict infection control, however, in light of the COVID-19 Pandemic we have instituted additional guidelines and protocols to ensure your safety. When we see you at your next appointment, things will be a little different. You will see many changes, as we have new ways of scheduling your appointments and managing your insurance and financial transactions.
First, you will be contacted 48-72 hours prior to your appointment via phone, text or email and asked a set of health-related questions. It is required that we complete this questionnaire prior to your appointment. We will have to reschedule your appointment if we are unable to complete this step.
Below is a list of some of the enhanced precautions we have taken to protect you in addition to extensive team training on infection control and patient management procedures:
- Personalized arrival procedures to guide you from your car directly to treatment rooms to eliminate contacting surfaces.
- Maintain distancing in the reception area for essential caregivers and parents of minors if they cannot wait in a vehicle or outside the clinic. (Only one guardian allowed in with a minor patient, no parents allowed in the operatory during an aerosol procedure)
- Removed magazines and items that can harbor or transfer germs of any kind. Hand sanitizers will be positioned throughout the clinic.
- Closure of the playroom.
- We require a mask to be worn by ALL patients upon entering the office.
- Installed sneeze guards or droplet barriers at all reception areas.
- Require hand washing and hand sanitizing before all appointments by our team and by our patients.
- Introduce an oral pre-rinse by all patients to reduce exposure to germs.
- Record temperature of every patient upon entering the office.
- Record temperature and screening of every team member each day at the beginning and end of the work period.
- Payment arrangements in advance to avoid delay and allow contactless exit from the appointment.
- Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures of all surfaces between patients.
- Extra time between patients to allow aerosols to settle.
- Ambient air management with HEPA 13 air filtration continuously in treatment rooms and common areas to remove germs from circulating air.
- Upgrade of our HVAC system.
- UV sterilizers in each operatory for your personal items.
- Fogging of the entire office on a daily basis to access hard to reach places that can be missed.
- New personal protection equipment like visors, gowns, and masks for our doctors and team to provide barriers against the smallest of germs.
- Introduce protocols to reduce or eliminate airborne aerosols during all dental procedures.
- Enhanced nightly disinfection procedures of equipment and office fixtures like computers, keyboards, telephones, tablets, chairs, doorknobs, and buttons that may be touched unconsciously.
- Disinfection of all outside mail and packages that enter the building.
- Longer appointment times for you to prepare and complete all appointment tasks and duties in the safest and most comprehensive manner.
- Provided teledentistry services for follow up lab reports or communication that can be done online or through video education.
- We will also ask you to please contact the office if you develop symptoms of COVID within 14 days after your appointment so we may notify the people who were working on the day of your appointment.
- During the COVID pandemic, our hours will be 8 a.m – 3:30 p.m. For aerosol procedures, we wear the N95 masks (tightly fitted masks), glasses, gowns, caps, and face shields. These are hard on the lungs and can cause irreversible damage if worn too long. For the health and well-being of our staff, our workday will be slightly shorter.
Although our costs have increased significantly, we have decided not to charge a COVID fee knowing a lot of families have been affected by this pandemic. We have also decided not to increase our fees and will continue to follow the Ontario Dental Association Fee Guide. It’s a pandemic that hit everyone and we refuse to profit from a calamity.
However, as these guidelines have affected us significantly behind the scenes and caused an incredible amount of financial strain, and in order to maintain the quality of care, we have been providing we have been forced to make the difficult decision of no longer accepting assignment. This means Fees are expected in full at the time of service. If you have noticed in recent years, Tanya no longer works at the front. Dealing with insurance, assignment, and collections alone has become a full-time job that takes an incredible amount of time and effort. Our staff are also dealing with increased protocols and workload in the front and can no longer deal with all the complications associated with the assignment. By reducing that workload we can avoid charging a COVID fee.
If you lost your job or have been negatively affected by the pandemic please discuss it with us before your appointment.
If you have dental insurance, we will gladly submit your insurance claim electronically, whereby you will be reimbursed directly by your insurance carrier, usually within five business days. ( This will also reduce the amount of mail our staff will have to handle). We will also offer financing plans for treatment exceeding $1000 for your convenience.
We accept Visa, MasterCard, Interac direct payments and e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your insurance plan is a contract between you and your insurance company. Please keep yourself up to date with your plan, maximums, cycle year, and benefits remaining BEFORE your appointment. We have no access to that information.
Rest assured, all these procedures are designed to create the safest environment for you, other patients, and our team.
IMPORTANT: To help us rebook your missed appointment, please email us with your availability. Phone lines will be busy and email is best to keep track of appointments.
We look forward to seeing you again. If you have any questions, please let us know. To make an appointment, call our office at 613-825-5000 or email us at email@example.com
Thank you for your patience and loyalty throughout this ordeal. We value your trust and look forward to welcoming you back! We sincerely missed you all!
The Team at Aqua Dental